For every annual campaign, local businesses and organizations lend or sponsor talented people to work part-time for 12 weeks. Campaign Executives serve as spokespersons and fundraisers, assisting local employers in conveying the work, message and vision of the United Way.
Campaign Executives strengthen their professional skills, build valuable relationships, enhance their visibility and raise millions for the community.
If you are an employer or an individual interested in participating in our Campaign Executive Program, please contact Patricia Boyce at 360.733.8670.
For a complete discription of our Loaned Executive Professional Development program, click here.
The Campaign Executive Program offers:
- Intensive training in sales and public speaking
- High visibility in newspaper ads, United Way publications and each workplace the employee visits
- Beneficial business-to-business relationships
- Increased community awareness and commitment
- A direct, positive impact on the community and the individual
The two ways that employers can get involved:
- Lend a talented employee to United Way from late-August to mid-November, while continuing to pay the employee’s salary.
- Provide sponsorship dollars to underwrite the cost of hiring a professional if an employee cannot be loaned.
A strong candidate for the Campaign Executive Program will possess:
- High ethical standards
- A positive, team-player attitude
- Effective communication skills: verbal, written, phone
- Persuasive presentation skills
- Self-direction, enthusiasm and creativity
- An ability to prioritize, multitask and perform under stress
- Basic math skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- A Driver's license, use of a car and the ability to carry up to 25 lbs. of campaign materials